First of all, thank you very much for serving as a session chair of the IEEE CEC 2019 conference.
Here is a guide provided to assist you in the chairing of an Oral Presentation Session at the
- Please confirm that all presenters are present before the session starts. An absentee sheet will
be provided per session for the session
chairs to fill in the absentee(s), if any.
- If a presentation is cancelled (due to the absence in the presenter or otherwise), please leave
the respective time slot as a gap in the
schedule. Remaining presentations SHOULD NOT BE MOVED IN TIME in order to facilitate the
audience to listen to the target presentations as
scheduled. The session chair is nevertheless encouraged to make the best use of this time gap,
for example, either to allow the previous
presenter extra time for presentation or to conduct a brainstorming discussion session according
to the Session Chairs’ discretion.
- Each oral presentation will have a total of 20 minutes (1 minute preparation time + 15 minutes
presentation + 4 minutes Q&A). Please strictly
keep track of the time limits and notify the presenter when it is time for the end of the
- Please manage the Q&A session after every oral presentation.
- Please return the completed absentee sheet to the Registration Counter once the session is over.
- Each session room will provide an overhead projector and screen for the presenters to use.
However, authors must bring their own laptop or
to borrow one from another author presenting in the same session. Please try to ensure that all
presenters conduct a check that their slides
work properly with the audio visual system in the room before the start of the session. If there
is any technical problem, please inform the
conference helpers for further procedures.
- Conference helpers will be there to assist you and inform you of any last minute changes or
Your collaboration is essential for the success of the conference and your support is greatly